IBS-EPHESIAN 6:1 & COLOSSIANS 3:20
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”
“Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.”
We are all called “Children of God” so that right there puts everyone in the same boat…I love how God has everything in order and backs it up with more order. This is one of the most blunt verses and one of the hardest to totally fulfill at points in life. I love how its also in the Bible 2 times and maybe more but that just shows how important it is not only to God but should also be to us. Starting off as a toddler of sinful nature even just being born into it and personally not even knowing what I did wrong looking back because I was so young but learning the respect for my parent’s way back then, gave me a way of thinking and respect to adults in general. I have always had a lot of respect for my mom but what I learned here above all things is the respect I was giving God in doing that and in doing that today. There are so many areas where I disrespected my parents and not only was I disrespecting them but also God. God says right here obey your parents- this is right and it pleases the Lord. Right there we should be able to just say “okay Lord this is what you have commanded of us so I will do so” not saying we are perfect and will never fail- because that’s not true we are all humans and fail, but to know were we stand in that command. Something I have learned just in the past few months is some of the things I was doing was to please the Lord I was just doing it and not meaning it in my heart, and eventually what is in the heart shows and comes out in situations. Many can listen but few actually mean what they do and say and has Christ followers we are called to take every action and voiced thing to heart and ask if it is really all glorifying God- now this might sound weird like “just mean what you say and its that simple” and it is if you are a perfect person, because in that moment you may say something you didn’t really mean or you didn’t totally take to heart and it hurts someone or wasn’t glorifying God in the way it should have- I have done this many of times and to show His love is what its all about when serving Him. So being good stewards and obey His commandments like this one “obeying your mother and father” we should do it as for the Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog