IBS- 1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”
I am His and He is mine. I have to remind myself that God is infinitely stronger than Satan. And in the end God will win- He always does. The Lord is always ready. When times come around and I fall short, He is there, He is never not going to be there, ready and armed for anything. Knowing how far and how deep God will really go is never a question. Many times, I fail, still His mercy remains. It confirms it right here that we (His children) are “from God” comforting right? It is to me for sure. Its exciting! The one that lives in me is the One who concord death. When I stop and really think about this verse and all that it means to me, it takes me back to the feet of Jesus, to the place where I have to come to a place of total brokenness to receive all that He has for me. God has overcome it all, yet I question Him in how He is going to get me through this struggle and that one. I am learning that I cannot begin to see the grace of God in my own ways but when I confront myself with the truth about myself and all the challenge it entails. God already knows the struggle, but He also wants to help and “overcome” all the challenges with you. “With God nothing is impossible”- Luke 1:37. Such a comforting peace this verse has, God is so loving and knows everything we have gone through and everything we are going to be going through. If we give all of it over to Him who rules the universe and knows the number of hairs on our heads, what worries do we need to carry? The glorious truth is that He is Himself all the time. “In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, as Paul says, and we are complete in Him.”- Colossians 2:10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog