IBS- HEBREWS 11:6
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

When I read this, I thought to myself- “well how can I even write about this after being real in sharing what I have been struggling with and what I noticed about myself- not having faith.” But then God just made me stop and think “Well all you can be is real I’m not asking for anything more or less of you” So I read it six more times and then sat there and just prayed about it. I opened my eyes and God like blurred out the first part of that verse and had me just blankly and in such awe stare at “He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Now I wasn’t wearing my glasses, so it could have been that I suppose but either way I suddenly found hope and saw the part of the verse which at first to me didn’t mean or didn’t seem as important as the beginning of the verse. But, for me that’s what I needed to see because of where I’m at with my walk of faith. “HE IS A REWARDER OF THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.” To me that means even if you are struggling with your faith in God like I am, or just learning about Him as a new believer, He is STILL faithful and gracious. God wants all of us and is patient and gentile but very diligent if you seek after Him. I know by this verse that- yes in order to please God fully He wants you to totally trust Him an d have enough faith that when you say to a mountain “move from here to there” it will move. But I also know He is willing to take the one step forward three steps back with us, every step of the way. And I am only saying that because I am a product of this- I’ve been up and down and then gone down real low in my ways and the way the world was going and its embarrassing that I believed in Him and still did the things I did knowing His presence was with me. I’m seeing the unfailing amount of grace God has on me more and more. And how undeserving I really am of it- even when I’m on my high horse thinking I have everything together and I don’t need help from Him or anyone else, He is faithful to me and its almost hard for me to believe how true it really is.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog