IBS- LUKE 3:14
“Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, ‘And what shall we do?’ so he said to them, ‘do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your ways.”

So many times, I come to God or a leader with this same question- “what should I do now?” like there isn’t a whole book called the Bible that literally tells me how I should walk out my faith. But still I lose some faith in believing God will lead me by the Holy Spirit in the ways He has fulfilled for me already. Being stuck in my ways is something I never thought I would say because I always thought of myself as a free-spirited person, but I did have my ways and the way I liked things to go and when that didn’t happen I had my moods and fits. But how free I am now of trying to figure it all out cause I know God already has bigger and better plans for me and all of us- how amazing is that! Jeremiah 29:11 shares exactly that too, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” My grandma used to make me repeat this verse until I memorized it and as much as I hated it then I love that I know it now- the truth. I love in this verse how it says to not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely because I know for me I can be quick to think everyone is against me and I can allow the devil to quickly unleash the flesh in my speaking and how I think when that isn’t really of my heart or the way God has called me to speak to people. I am reminded of the verse about seeing the speck in your brother’s eye but not being able to see the blank in your own and how true that is for me sometimes and how God hasn’t called us to talk down to one another or hurt one another but with and in everything IN LOVE. “being content with your ways” it doesn’t say being content in the ways of others which you think you have to be- no. it says with your ways period. When we try to imitate someone, else or look at someone and admire and want to be them we are hating on ourselves and it comes down to hating the image of God which is in each of us like it says in Genesis 1:26, “…Let Us make man in Our image, according to our likeness… so God created man in His Own image…” I struggle with being self-conscious and God is really just stripping me of this and showing me where my heart really is at, and what matters most- to be content in the things He has given me and the abilities I do have. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog