IBS- PHILIPPIANS 3:8
“Yet indeed I also count all thigs loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.”
I am reminded of the Philippians 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” To hold onto the things of this world only hinders you. Your relationship with Christ Jesus, your walk, your mornings, and your everyday life. To gain the whole world but lose your soul is gaining nothing. To fight for anything of this world is going to get me nowhere if not led by the Lord. I have held on to so many things of this world, it has bonded me and there is a weight on my shoulders because of it. When I try to gain the whole world- I lose myself. I feel caught in a net with no way out. I can see the good in God, but I am to twisted and wrapped up in the ways of me that I can not figure out the way out. In Christ I have no bondage I have no net. To gain knowledge of Christ I lose nothing but gain everything. I am learning how to not let go of things, but to give it to Christ. There is a big difference to me. When I attempt to just “let go” of things I come back around to them and pick them back up whether it be 2 minutes after or 2 years, I carry it yet again. But when I give to Christ, He takes away. I never have to worry about it, its not in my hands or carried by me anymore. He is faithful in lifting my burdens and lightening my load. It says here “I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish…” and that is exactly what the things of this world is when God isn’t in the center of it. To live in such a way that to gain the whole world but lose my soul I would have gained nothing, as hard as it is to give ideas, thoughts, even actions unto to Lord- it is well worth it because He will never do anything not out of love for us. I forget how powerful God is and the power that reigns with Him. There is power in the name of Jesus. And to gain hope and knowledge of this is to gain everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog