IBS- 1 Peter 4:7
“But the end of all things is at hand; therefore, be serious and watchful in your prayers”
This one challenges me more than I’d like to admit. I find myself at the end of the day sometimes in a place of great worry or distress trying to figure things out on my own- yup and there is the key problem. In my own strength I am not able to do anything, in my own power I get myself no where. Prayer is our connection to the One, our father in heaven. Prayer is powerful. It is how we talk to God. I used to think of prayer as a hassle or a job but it is one of the most wonderful parts of my relationship with God. When people used to say “prayer is powerful” I used to just say “yeah I know” its not that I never believed in the power of prayer but I never took it seriously. In everything we do there should be prayer but not just prayer in the hard times or for little simple things like we used to do as kids. If you have Christ as Savior, then you need to pray more. We all do! As with everything in life motivation is the key. To motivation you to pray, James asserts the power of prayer and then illustrates it with the life of Elijah; “Since the prayer of the righteous is powerful effective, we should be motivated to pray.” This is something God is really teaching me in this season of my life and will always be a challenge for me but with God all things are possible. Taking time out of the day just to sit and pray is something I need to be more diligent in and make more of a priority. In training we had one to two hours, three times a week to just come before God and just be with Him- I miss that so much but it taught me just how important it is to set apart that time to be with Just Jesus. He is always calling us and wants our attention. Another thing that is something I had no idea I did well I guess didn’t do is “watchful” in my prayers. To me this means to not just ask and let it go but to be persistence in my prayer walk and to not forget the things I have prayed about, because He does answer my prayers. He is a faithful God and true to His Word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog