IBS- 2 Samuel 11:11-13
Uriah was a man of great discipline. He had the opportunity to go home and be with his wife but choose not to because he felt compassion for all the other men out at war. “shall I then go to my house to eat and drink, and to lie with my wife? As you live and as your soul live, I will not do this thing.” (verse 11). His discipline was even shown through his drunkenness he didn’t go back home to be with his wife. He committed to those men and he meant it. I think about my commitment to God and how it sadly wavers at some point. I am a committer to people not things, I have always been like that and I do thank God for that but like everything, I abuse that; I will make people my god and put God second. I used to not be totally aware of this but now that I am - so no excuses. I am so encouraged by this man and his act of discipline, and commitment to David. In my generation there isn’t much commitment it’s a very selfish world and there is very few people with even a little discipline- its sad but true. Even though David was not clearly thinking about God in these moments, Uriah continued to do what he was being told to do.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog