IBS- MATTHEW 18:15
“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.”
It is very important that we go to our brother or sister if they have offended you and not gossip to others or speak indirectly but instead in prayer and in humility knowing you are no better than them, but to speak truthfully because they are your brother or sister. It would be wrong for me to take total offense and think wrongly against her or him and/or run to another source just to gossip about it-that would get me nowhere- actually that would bring me down a deeper darker place of sin and not only that but now I have sinned against them. There are so many examples I have had were I have told myself- “just turn the other cheek and you become the bigger better person.” Well no. That is first off not the way to do it with that kind of attitude. And second, I only became more bitter towards that person. We aren’t meant to call people out just like it says right here in this verse, “tell him his fault between you and him alone.” I always try to put myself in that person’s shoes. Would I want my wrong doings being posted online or shouted out loud or even brought up when its just a few people- no I wouldn’t I would have rather they approached me about it and we could see eye to eye with it and if differences is how we end it as long as we are on the same page with respecting each other and our opinions of the subject manor there isn’t much more I can do about it. I think this is very important especially being in close courters with one another and then on the field being an even smaller group of us always working together and being humans and never being perfect. There is always a line that will be crossed but to know and have a greater understand and love for one another- and by showing this love we should be approaching situations that come up as if we are this church. Anything- if done in complete love- not to much can go wrong and if it doesn’t go the way you were planning or hoping it would- you can rest in assurance that you did what you were asked to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog