Deuteronomy 4:7
“What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to Him?”
            After Moses came down from Mount Sinai, he had prayed and talked to his Father in heaven after this his people and all the successes were all brought and looked on as a gift from God, which it all was. To know that the other nations may have had better weapons, better this and better that, it didn’t matter in the end. But they had God with them and the power given to them by Him and Him alone. I never really thought anything of this verse before but its so true. What other gods do you know of that will go as far but yet be so near whenever you call on His name. There is a peace that comes about when you call on His name. So my team and I went on a trip to an Island here in Ugnada and we went around evangelizing and one of the groups ended up at a mans home looking thing which was a shrine and they were a little hesitant to go in but felt called to go and share the gospel and the good news and freedom found in Christ Jesus. What an experience they had, this man and probably many more go there and worship this red cloth and many smaller ones leading up to their “god”. I was blown away by how real this really is and how this verse came to life right in front of my eyes. I read all these verses and hear all these stories and believe in them but there is something so life changing when you actually see it and are in the presence of the real deal. How lost this man was and how said it was to hear and see many people thinking that that piece of cloth was the real deal. I would like to see how fast and how even that cloth comes about in that mans need of help or cry for comfort. I am reminded of the old kids song that goes like this: “my God is so BIG so STRONG and so MIGHTY there’s nothing my God can not do…” and how true that really is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog