Job 37:14 where were You-ghost ship
“Listen to this, O Job; Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.”
            This week God has been opening my eyes to these very words. “stand still and consider the wonderous works of God. Everywhere I look I find myself in awe and wonder with God and how much beauty there is in this world. From the bugs in my room to the stars in the sky I see the beauty and thought put into creating all these living things- well the little bit I can comprehend. There is beauty even between the lines a friend used to tell me, and now that is what I can see. The beauty which cannot always be seen because of our bitter hearts or our crazy lives. Finding the space in our minds and softening of our hearts to see the beauty within all His creation is one of the many beautiful attributes of our walks with Christ. The rest of this chapter talks about the fullness and power of our God and how He plans everything and sprinkles beauty in it all- whether in that moment or not we see it, He is faithful to put it in. It says in verse five, “…He does great things which we cannot comprehend.” And this I find is very true, but not in an annoying way where in school or when someone is trying to explain something to you and you just can’t comprehend it you get frustrated whether at yourself or that person- no this is not that kind of “can’t comprehend”, but a need for a greater understanding of God. I can only laugh at myself when I try to do things in my own power and fail miserably, why even try when the one who created the heavens and the earth can reign over you and me if we just lay our selfishness aside and allow Him to open and close the most perfect doors for us. Standing still- this is something I am not good at, at any moment in time, I like to work and keep busy it’s how I stay away from thinking and overthinking so much, which is what I am extremely good at doing. Standing still and coming to a peace of mind is something God has been working in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog