1 John 5:4
“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world- our faith.”
When I think about faith I think about the things I have lost faith in, my friends, family members, even myself. But why is that? Why is it that one of the biggest weapons we have as Christians IS OUR FAITH, yet at some points it is so difficult to keep it? I know what it looks like and feels like to have lost all hope and faith in the many things you love around you, just because of a circumstance, but I also know how powerful having faith, really can change your whole world. John writes about it all here in 1 John 5, how all you have to do is believe and have faith in the bigger things like God and all the things of this world will fall and be of nothing to you. I have found myselfat many times in my life saying, “God I lay down my own plans and let You take control of this life.” But then so quickly I pick things back up again, the same things He has asked me to lay down and have faith in Him in I grab hold to in times of fear. Fear, this is the one things that disconnects us from having faith in Him. The fear that it wont go right, or the fear of ti not going as you have planned. I fear those things but its in those times of desperation and lowness that He asks us to have faith in Him. Have faith that even though we may feel this way or that about a situation, to know He has it planed out perfectly. Moses told the people to remember the way God has led them, and he warned them not to forget what God had done for them. To do this in our own lives is important but to do it to often can become unhealthy. Caleb didn’t look back. He looked ahead and trusted God to give him a victorious future. My friend used to always tell me, “the best is yet to come.” And isn’t that true as Christians? There are always new blessings to receive, new lessons to learn, new victories to win. And if God didn’t bring these new challenges in our lives it would quickly become a very boring and terrible life to live in. and it says right here “…God overcomes the world.” So, anything and all things that come up or presents itself to us in this life, we must know and having already been told that it is not going to be easy- but worth it. we must embrace the unembraceable, complete the unfished, and do what He has asked us to do in the time and season He has us in. And by FAITH, we can overcome and are promised to be able to overcome the things of this world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog