Isaiah 26:3
“Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusts in thee.”
Now this is actually a really cool story… I had found myself in moments of fear, I don’t know in fear of what, but it was not a peace at all. I still carried on with my days and tried not to think very much of it. I had gotten sick and so I figured it was just that, when you don’t feel good a lot is just off for you. God had all these flashing lights and basically arrows flashing to check my heart, but sure enough I just came up with excuse after excuse and just blamed it on being sick to feel bad for myself I guess. I hadn’t been reading the bible verses that pop up on my screen every morning, because of a bible app on my phone but the last day of the week I looked at all of them and God had placed this verse and three more on my screen. I felt as though I was just getting shot with the facts of my spiritual life. I hadn’t been in “perfect peace” in my walk with the Lord, and He made that very clear. I had to get myself out of the carnally minded mindset I was in and become spiritually minded again, which only being’s peace and gives life. That big breath of fresh air that we all long for when being on a subway or air plane, that’s the kind of breath I needed to take with the Lord. It’s a daily reminded for sure, because so quickly we become hardened on our hearts or we let one little feeling set off a jungle amount of emotions. But to know that God gives us peace and not only that but wants us to receive it and know it has all been paid for. Each on of these verses applied to where I was at in my heart, mind, and physical need. John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, nether let it be afraid.” Philippians 4:7, “and the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:6-8, “… be spiritually minded for is life and peace…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog