Jeremiah 29:14
“I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.”
This is something that not only has happened once in my life but can sometimes be a daily battle. Being taken away from the straight and narrow path, falling off that potters wheel because of pride or discouragement. But here God promises that He will bring me back from my own captivity, He will only allow me to be tempted by Satan to where I can withstand. One of the biggest lessons I have learned is that God does allow us to be tempted and challenged by Satan so that we may fall back onto Him, and become centered on Him alone and not on our own strength. The Lord promises me, He will “gather me from all the nations and from all the places…” I have gone. We leave pieces of ourselves with the places God has driven us to serve and for me this verse just brings me so much comfort in knowing that we aren’t “losing ourselves” but allowing Him to grow in us more love and space for the new chapters in this life. The reassurance God gives at the end of this verse is that, He does promise to give us a peace, and He does promise to bring you “home” many times I think of this as my home where I grew up, but sometimes God may be reminding us of our home in heaven. In the end of it all heaven is our home, heaven is the goal. I wasn’t sure why this verse has popped up in my life many times now, until now. Every time a season in my life was coming to an end God would bring this verse to my mind and I would read it but not apply it to my life. How much frustration, depressed thoughts and even over-thinking I would could have maybe avoided if I had only applied this verse to my own life and in those seasons of change approaching. No one likes change, but God has our story all written out and as hard as these kinds of times can become, Just like it says in this verse, He will bring you to the right and most perfect place that will lead you steps closer to your home, in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog