IBS- 1 TIMOTHY 6:6-8
“Now godliness with content is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and for certain we cannot carry anything out. And having food and clothing with these we shall be content.”

I read just the first sentence and stopped. I had just given up one of the most overtaken- empowering part of me to the Lord and to read this, “now godliness with content is great gain…” and having just experienced the power of God and the burden of something big to me being taken away was just so glorious. Being content in where God has me with the people He has so precisely placed in this ministry and in my team, is something I wouldn’t even be able to do even if I tried. We brought nothing into this world and will be taking nothing out is a verse now that encourages me to keep pressing on and looking to the things that matter- like God. The people around me. And being more of what God has called me to be and all of us- Christ like. “For we are made in the image of Him.” I get so easily caught up in the things around me and how my life should have been and where I should be now in my life. I always wanted to be married young just like most girls so right about now I should be- engaged- with the love of my life- done with college and working my dream job- out of debt- and just living the dream because I deserve it right? Well no- not at all. I can tell you one thing- that none of those things have happened well all but one. Living the dream- I may not act like it some days or look like it and shame on me for that but this is the most exciting experiences and life changing event of my life and I wouldn’t want it any other way- with any other people. God knows what’s best for us and for that I am forever thankful because I sure the heck thought I knew exactly what I needed to be in order to be happy and how to get it but boy was I wrong. In verse eight it says, “and having food and clothing with these we shall be content.” And so quickly I get caught up in what I want and don’t look at what I do have and how that is more than enough. I am a very selfish person and need to work on a lot of things and still struggle with daily attacks and thoughts, but I am always reminded that- God didn’t want the wealthy and perfect, but the willing and broken. And as I look around this room and the streets as we walk them that’s all I see- the broken and lost and I still feel as though I am a lost cause at some points but being blessed and put in this family here I am hopeful and blessed beyond measures to feel safe and know everyone here- just wants to seek and love on people all to glorify God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog