IBS- ACTS 5:29
“But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: ‘We ought to obey God rather than men.”

When I think about this now and think back to how foolishly I used to listen to everyone else but God… no wonder why I was so lost and caught up in such worldly things… that’s not to say like it wasn’t my choice because that’s false- I had a choice-we all have a choice to make in every situation, but that fact that I allowed people to play such a big role in my life and willingly I took every comment every idea they had for me like they were my god- and that’s was the issue- I tried to fill that void in my heart with people not God- yes most did want what was best for me but also others just didn’t want to be alone in the sin (because who wants that). Thinking about this more makes me want to seek after Gods word and all He has to teach me. But I still find myself sometimes under the thought of someone else- meaning I seek after people’s approval and acceptance and that hinders me more than anything else. I get so caught up in others and how they may talk to me or I put everything to my own feelings and then I just come up with a whole bunch of ideas or thoughts they may be having about me when in reality they aren’t even thinking about me at all… the time I’ve spent doing that is so ridiculous. So yes we need to obey God and Gods word but I also think this is saying we need to allow God to captivate our thoughts and bring us out of the things we allow to take captive of our lives because if we don’t then we arnt living for God we are still living to self and that’s not what God has called us to do- I must die to self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog