IBS- COLLOSIOANS 1:11
“…strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long suffering with joy;..”

As followers of Christ we must have an understanding of not only how God truly loves us and by God’s grace we were saved and chosen, but how we must live according to His word. With everything here on out we must be a living example as to how Christ lived-yes, we are going to fail- but God never asked us to be perfect- He asks us to be followers of Him now knowing we are made in the image of Him we should be longing for and working towards becoming more like Him each day and every hour of our walk. One of the things we must learn to have more of and be completely filled of is patience- with patience comes some suffering but not the kind we are used to or thinking of necessarily, I think it is really important to understand Gods complete love for us- He died for us- willingly and completely out of love- I’ve never been loved like that before and its sometimes hard to totally except the fact that the battle has already been won- I just need to give it all to Him and move forward knowing all my shame, fears, sinfulness has been forgiven and wake up each day thanking God for that, because I tried carrying all of that and that pretty much left me crippled and at a loss for life- because who was I really living it for? My self. I didn’t just have myself fouled but a whole bunch of people. But I am just thanking God. Thanking Him for His longsuffering that He went through to give us life- to give us this freedom to live out each day either for Him or ourselves- but also thanking Him for never giving up on me, even when I wanted nothing to do with Him. So, I feel as though this part of this passage is kind of like a prayer. That we as a body of Christ followers may be “strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy.” that in and through Him I am able to live out each day according to His will. With everything there is a season it says in Ecclesiastes 3 “ a time for every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what has been planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain for embracing; a time to gain, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; A time to seek silence, and a time to speak; a time to love and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. God has made everything beautiful in its time it says in verse 11- and that is something I believe with all my heart. Brokenness is His favorite- I say that only because if He didn’t break us or if we didn’t go through the trials and heartaches we wouldn’t have room for His healing and all that He has planed and already laid out for us. What a mighty God we serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog