IBS- Philippians 3:9
“…and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith…”
To “be found in Him” that’s a life worth living. To live out each day learning more about God and seeing Him work in and through you. We can never be perfect, we weren’t meant to be. But to work towards the goal and that is to be more like Christ till the day we get to see Him now that is the way to do it. Its not easy; especially when trials and troubles come and spring up. “not having my own righteousness.” Sometimes I think if I do it all right then I am more righteous or if I own up to my own faults then I am getting somewhere. Shame on me for first of all thinking I would be ahead of anyone, when we all sit at the foot at the cross. And all I am doing is drawing myself away from seeing the righteousness of Christ. Sometimes I get caught up in doing my life by the commandments of God- which isn’t bad but it isn’t the way he wants us to live. We are to live for Christ Jesus. And to walk by faith in Him. 2 Timothy 1:9 says, “ according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began…” our own righteousness means nothing and will never mean anything, it my sound good and maybe even feel good at first but there will be a fall. God has a purpose and so much grace on us, and even with that and in knowing that I still fall back on my own doings and make excuses for myself by doing good works because that will really build a great relationship with Jesus… not. He didn’t come to seek and save the ones doing good works and pretty well off, no He came to seek and save the lost, the hurting, and the broken. The ones who feel as though they have nothing; in which they have found everything. When you have nothing to bring to the table, you have gained everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog