IBS- EPHESIANS 5:15-17
“See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

This verse to me is kind of like a commandment- how seriously we need to take this walk and life with Christ. It isn’t just a “I’m feelin good today so I’m going to look to Jesus but then never do it on my bad days or moments.” Not saying we don’t fall into that sometimes but I just hear from this verse that it isn’t just a one-time event- it’s a life style. We as Christ followers must walk “circumspectly” cautiously, watchfully and not stumble others especially our brothers and sisters. The part in the verse when it says, “redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Reminds me of trialed filled days and most nights when I am tired and just done. I know how quickly it can be to fall into temptations and just sinful natures and thoughts especially when you are drained- but I also have had moments of taking a set back and asking God to change my thoughts and attitude towards the issue at the time and He is faithful- and by far asking Him to refuel me and change my thoughts ends the night on a more graceful happier mood. Being wise for me in this aspect is taking that step back and realizing I am not in the right place and taking action to change and give it to the Lord- right then and there. I have gone through some of my days just acting like I’m in a perfect place- don’t have an issue- or just trying to move forward and then I get to a point and it all either comes out or I just get my self into this position of self-pity and selfishness and lash out at the people around me, people that love on me and have really nothing to do with the issue.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog