“For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go’, and he goes; and to another, ‘Come’, and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this’, and he does it. When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”

I have read this chapter and have heard it said out loud in church for many years but never really looked to it in depth. For the first time I saw it in the shoes of the centurion- which thanks to Talia I know what that is. I started getting overwhelmed just reading these two verses but then started from verse 5-13. This mans pride stood out to me, I feel as though this man is luke warm with God. Where he knows of Him and all of Gods good works but also is wanting to be a “god” in the life of others. What’s hard for this man is he doesn’t want to let go of what he knows and go into something so unknown and trust someone again. Just like he maybe has before and has been let down. I love how God acknowledges this man’s willingness to put himself out there. It reminds me yet again of Gods unveiling never ending grace He has for everyone- even the broken and prideful ones. God really opened my eyes to how imperfect this prideful man was yet how perfectly honest and real he was with God and how God will take ever ounce ever little bit of what we have and turn it in to something beautiful if we allow Him in and to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog