IBS-ROMANS 6:16
“Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slave whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness.”
No matter what I choose I am following someone doing something someone else has already done or attempting to push to be more like someone- whether that be God, people from the Bible, people around me, things I’ve seen before. We all have an image in our head of how things or something are supposed to be and that can be a image that the Lord has given you which is awesome or it could be something of this world that you have held on to and hoped for. I don’t think admiring someone is always a bad thing- it becomes unhealthy when that becomes your goal in life and you are no longer asking and seeking God out for guidance on your life. God has placed certain people in your life for a reason and here I believe with all my heart He has placed me to watch and not want to be this person or them but to admire and want the relationship people here seek after with God. We ultimately have a choice in who we want to seek and obey- just like we have a choice with every action that takes place with us in any situation. I am just reminded of many times I didn’t listen as a child-teen and even more recent than I would like to admit. I see Gods hand in it all now and even when I did make the wrong choice and obey my flesh- there were consequences but also redemption but that’s not to say there is always going to be a fixable moment because by the grace of God I am here alive- by the grace of God I am reminded everyday of situations where I should have been dead or gotten into more trouble than I can handle. This verse is so true, and I never really thought about it this way- but it is true- whatever you give yourself to- “you are that one’s slave”. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog