IBS- LUKE 17:7-10
“And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat’? But will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare something for my supper, and grid yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk’? Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commended, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.”
 So this one was hard for me to understand because I didn’t understand it fully till I was able to read a different translation and even then I was not to all understanding it all- so I prayed about it and just asked God to search me and open my eyes to what I am unable to see right now and understand what He would like me to see and understand.

God showed me FAITH. Faith is what I need to have more of. Here in this parable Jesus is giving an example of a faithful servant and how he or she is so willing to do anything and doesn’t expect anything in return, likewise we should be the same. Not only with our walk with Christ but with everyone around us. For my relationship with God I am so unworthy and to be His hands and feet I should wake up every morning praising Him for choosing me and allowing me to be put to this task that He has laid out for me today. For me and others this is how as Christ followers we are showing His abundant amount of love and grace He has for us and how we are so grateful of that, that we live it out just like He has called us to do. We all get caught up in moments of sin were we may get upset, mad or even start to hate someone- but to come back and remember not only the grace and love and forgiveness people around you that love you have given you but the most and more important fact of it is what Jesus did for you. So at the end of this parable it states ‘we are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’ And that caught my attention and I asked myself- who am I really serving- and why am I serving? Is it because I want the attention of others or leadership? Or is it all to give glory to God. There is  fine line when serving God or thinking we are serving God but really we are just wanting to complements and or praise form the people around us. This was a reminder for me- a reminder to be faithful to what God has called me to do- and that is to serve Him. Not half heartedly but as it says in Colossians 3:23 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog