IBS- 1 Timothy 4:8
“For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.”
So I love running, I really enjoy being outside and exercises but because I live in New York and the weather is really bi-polar it’s hard to gage when is a good time to go out and it can never be a set schedule. So I had a gym membership as well. I used to workout once a day in one way or another and all my jobs have been very active in different ways but I was never just sitting at a desk all day- I always said I would never be able to do that but I also never say never anymore… anyways before I came to Ignite I was worried about that- moving and exercises because I didn’t know anything about it and it had just moved its school to Montana and I was going in the dead winter and well needless to say that was literally going to be one of the things that I was going to allow Satan to hold me back from coming here too. So I asked Monica one day when I called in and I asked her about the activities that we would be doing and she wasn’t sure- long story short here I am week 11 and not having any issues with my health which I thought would have been the case and or use of one of my main outlets (running). So here is the thing, this verse was relatable to be, because for the past 11 weeks I have been exercises my faith, walk with God, His promises, “godliness” and He has challenged me in more ways than I can even count. But the point is- when I would exercise I would zone out and that was one of my ways to just get out of reality and relax- did I get anywhere- well yes physically- but my walk with God I dropped off at the front door step as I walked out and plugged in my secular music and blasted it while I ran from issues, problems, and situations. I would always say if I’m exercising then it evens out all the wrong thoughts and things going in inside my head. Being here I have been challenged in so many ways with my spiritual walk, but I have been amazed by the “ways” I had and believed with all my heart and how they are nothing, when to me for such a long time in my life they were everything and if I didn’t exercise or run I would beat myself up about it and not only that but I would change my whole mood all because of it. So ridiculous now. God is so good though- He has shown me more things about myself than I even wanted to know or even didn’t know were there. This verse for the first time I was able to relate and understand- after trying to physically exercise all the time and not even touching my walk with God most of the time I was getting nowhere. And it hurt most of the time. But I believe there is obviously a healthy balance just like with anything and everything; just like it says here in verse 9: “bodily exercise profits a little”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog