IBS- AMOS 3:3
“Can two walk together, unless they are agreed.”
Can two be in complete understanding of one another even if they differ from belief. This is very challenging for me and I never even knew it was that big of an issue until I distance myself from it and became in constant communion with people of same belief and relationship with God. I think of one of my closest friends and how when I used to struggle with things and situations how he could pull out a handful of quotes and sayings that helped him just get by when sad, depressed, angry the whole nine yards. And how that was very sweet of him but yet there was still that void and one thing missing; God and a firm relationship with Him. My friend isn’t of the devil or just never took there walk with the Lord seriously; and I wasn’t being a good example of someone who was… now that I have taken that step and followed Christ as He has called my deeper; my old ways of dealing with things I am learning how to not resort to them. Not saying I am not tempted or frustrated at times because I am, but I know who Christ is and what He has done for me. There is no deeper nor greater love than His. Only thing is- my friend, he isn’t walking with the Lord at all. The temptations and heard aches are still there- and they are there for me as well; but I have a God who is bigger and greater than all those put together and more. So back to my friend, I called him twice since I have been here in IGNITE- and the first time it was just really nice hearing a familiar voice and I shared some things that I was dealing with but because of where I am at compared to him, he didn’t get it nor even try to understand it. I guess what I am trying to say is no; two people can not walk together unless they are agreed. But that is where I struggle because I don’t want to lose friends, but there is a difference in being able to withhold temptation and be a light and being tempted and falling into it. God never gives us battles we are not able to over come and there are some friendships I had to end even before IGNITE just throughout my life because I not agreeing on what is right and wrong. If you are a human and socialize this isn’t a one time case of an issue; but it can get less and less depending on your walk with Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog