Psalms 31:7
“I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast known my soul in adversities.”
 God had been showing me all that I had been compromising, and how many of those times I had fallen because of it. If your self-will, your rejection of God’s principles of life, your compromises, have driven you into a desperate difficulty, remember that God loves you. Something I sometimes find myself having had forgotten about- how much He really does love us. After reading a book on David’s life, I learned much more about the challenges faced by David, it is from “David’s inner life and his experiences with God that we can draw strength and comfort and nourishment for our souls.” We are not sufficient unless we are engaging in the material in the Word of God to help us. Reading about all the struggles and defeats David went through, but how God did bring glory and sunshine for him was one of the most uplifting parts about reading this book. There is at some points a significant change in David’s moods and I know for me that can happen as well. In this verse it shows him undergoing challenges but then how David brings back his faith in the Lord, “I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast known my soul in adversities.” Then he says in verse 12, “I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.” He is showing through his challenges and defeats and emotions, faith triumphs it all. David knew it was impossible to be in God’s hand and in the enemy’s hand at the same time. And just like all of us when we start believing that the God that created the whole universe and us with great thought, will still fight for us. The gloom begins to disappear, and fear departs as faith emerges in glorious triumphs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog