IBS- LUKE 12: 37-40
“Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will grid himself and have them sit down to eat and will come and serve them. And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore, you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

To live each day as if the Lord is coming- not in fear but in anticipation to see the King of Kings. To have this mind set is to live for Christ and to share the gospel, love on the hurting and the lost, baring with one another with compassion and grace. When I read these verses, I looked at just my everyday life and how little I really do act as if today is it. And to live it out as if its my last day here on earth. I have many unbeliever friends and family that I have never even reached out too. I am a child of God and no longer a slave to this world or fear- why wouldn’t I want to share with people I love the power of God the One who gives me the love and grace every day. I remember hearing “The Word of God will afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted” and we are all in different places in our life and how we think; but we aren’t alone in this. God is on the move and we must be watching and not oblivious to this. It says in 1 John 3:18 “Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.” And I know for a lot of unbelievers and believers that is what they are looking for- people staying true to their word and what they believe but more importantly living it out in their daily life. Now we are only humans, but that phrase can only be used so many times before it becomes an excuse to sin. Jesus is calling us to the alter for forgiveness that was already bought with the blood of Jesus- so now it is our job to leave behind all our pains and regrets because we are to live joyfully, and He will make beauty out of your ashes. Who other than God would you want to serve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog