IBS- Mark 4:9-10
“But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, to you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables…”
 When we ask, we receive. God promises that. The parable that is being talked about in these two verses is the parable of the sower and the soil. How deep is your relationship with God? Will it stumble when trials come or you don’t like something? Being good and faithful students of the Word of God, that’s what we are called to be and do. When I first thought about coming here to ignite I prayed about it… now this was almost 5 years ago, that was the most I prayed about it since being here. When God didn’t open the door right away I said okay and walked away from that situation. Come to find out I held on to that “no not right now” and made it become a thing I held against God. I would use excuses and make things up to tell myself that it wasn’t of the Lord for me to go right now, then year after year I would think about it twice a year, fill out the form, maybe call, talk to some people about it, but then never move forward in it because “God said no one time” and I got mad. I wasn’t growing in God the way He was calling me to. I would sometimes act like I was and even many of times God would speak to me and I would for a split second go deeper with Him, but then distractions. I always had this passion to go into the deeper waters with Him, but my flesh and my selfish desires brought me further and further away from that true obedience, discipline and faithfulness to run towards Him. Here in these verses God is so blunt and I love it, sometimes that’s just what we need. No sugar coating, no mystery behind it all; just straight up truth. It says that “those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, to you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables…” if we follow after God and His living true Word we are being ministered in ways people that don’t care to know Him will never understand. I know I didn’t understand the hype about Him for sometimes. Even when growing up in church I would love being with all the people, but I wasn’t putting any effort in walking and drawing myself closer to Christ. I was becoming “those who are outside” I would see some of the parables as to harsh or worth nothing to read or even think about. Shame on me. Now walking with the Lord and being in a constant state of need for Him is growing me in ways I wouldn’t be able to do on my own and even in my own strength. I don’t want to be the seed that falls short. I want to bury my roots deep within His Word and all He has to offer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog