Galatians 2:20
“… I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
The Holy Spirit is not concerned more on getting us to try to be “better”, but to repent deeply of the sin there is. In the low places where I confess my worries, He gives me His own faith just like it says here in this verse. When we feel convicted about not being able to love someone with as much love and compassion towards them as we should, or we lack faith in certain matters or that we have been prayerless. God does take all those things very seriously and when push comes to shove it takes a toll on us as well. One of the biggest lessons I have taken from this and in learning and continually being brought back to this place of complete frustration in the lack of understanding why- Don’t let the devil bring you even further down, he will bring you down and then add things on top of all the things you have just done. What I have done in the past and even in more recent times, is striving to make up for all these things in my own strength- which can’t be done. But one of the greatest things about our God is He has blessed us with the ability to receive the Holy Spirit, which will take us with our own convictions to Calvary and ask us to move and repent about them- and then rest, be at peace about them knowing He knows and has dealt and will continue to deal with them and grow us. As we rest as sinners in those low places, Jesus pours into our hearts His own love for that other person. So now being at this place of “victory” we enter in by bowing in repentance at His cross. In a book called “We Would See Jesus” it talks about this very thing but says, “In this way, seeking soul, we find the reality of ‘Not I, but Christ liveth in me’. For it is into His love, patience, and victory that we enter, not ours. And so, it is that we learn by experience, ‘In returning and rest shall ye be saved.’” I am also reminded of how different the Holy Spirit is from Satan. While the devil accuses only to bring despair and bondage, the Holy Spirit convicts only to bring comfort and freedom- and of course rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog