James 1:6-8
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
            Its sad to see so many young people today have an awful time making up their minds about anything. They’re not “really sure” what college to go to, or what to major in, whom to room with, what career to prepare for, whether to marry someone or just stay single. To have children or to not even bother with it, if they do get married. I know for me making decisions has always been something that when I do make one I follow through, its how my mom brought me up and I am thankful for that. But in many ways, I have found myself trying or struggling through some of these exact situations and conversations in my head and with some friends. I guess there’s nothing new under the sun when it comes to being indecisive. James wrote about it, and he shows that the remedy for it is trust. He tells us to ask for wisdom if we don’t know what to do. It does also say to know that what He says may be exactly what you wanted to hear but sometimes it is not. I know I have over the past two years been a very indecisive person that couldn’t tell you anything even how I am feeling. That’s how bad it came to at some points. After reading these verses I was very convicted of something that God has asked me to lay down but I have picked back up and tried carrying them again. I don’t know why this always seem to happen but even in doing that I am being indecisive- by not letting it all be in the hands of the one and true, faithful God. one minute I am like “here take it all away” and other times I am trying to hide it from Him in such a childish way. Unstable it becomes so quickly, just like this verse says and “in all his ways” is exactly what happens. The simplest things become a struggle to answer and all because of the other things I went back on. Lord I pray to be true to my word, in everything I do I hope and pray to be fully committed to every word and every action taken place, please lead me and guide me through all my days and teach me how to be stable and of one mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog