1 Peter 5:5
“Likewise, you younger people submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility …”
Jesus’s humility. How is it that I am not even close to what Christ was yet I find myself struggling with being humble like Christ. I had to look the word up because I wanted the correct definition you know just encase everyone saying it was wrong… but nope I struggle with humility daily. Humility is a low view of one’s own importance. It is putting others above ourselves. Jesus’ life was on the continual humility. He did not view Himself as the most important, but the salvation of souls. His life was made important through the will of the Father. Christ exemplified humility from the first moment He breathed the air of this earth. And as He grew older, He took on the lowly trade of carpentry, and dwelt among the common people. He never used His heavenly authority to defend Himself. I am reminded of this all when in reading this verse, but in all the Bible His humility is pouring out over every conversation to every action taking place in every city He touched- and still today we can sit and read and even in our lives seek and see all the humility He gives and has given us. Even when Jesus walked on this earth till this very day, our salvation is more important to Him than His own. Our freedom from sin is more valuable to Him than His rights as the Son of God. For me this is something that doesn’t always come easy but is so important in our daily walks as followers of Christ. To humble myself to whats is in front of me, to acknowledge the authority that is placed above me and to bring to light the things that have hindered my relationship with the people around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog