Hebrews 10:36
“For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise…”
PATIENCE. A word that I sometimes struggle with telling myself to have. Something many can be stumbled by if not fully enduring it. I can remember time and time again were I have neglected to show the right kind of love or understanding just because I am lacking in patience. One of the ways patience was explained to me was, “patience is the queen of virtues.” Patience meets the most difficult test in personal relationships and this even applies to our relationship with God. A person of great wisdom shows boundless amount of patience by not running too far ahead of his/hers fellow members of Christ. Our Lord sets a perfect example of living out a life full of patience. I can just look at my own life, day in and day out I can find the countless times God has been patient with me, whether its with something that I set myself up for, a trial, or an opportunity to share His love. Even in the Bible we can read all the stories given to us and see the overflowing amount of patience showered in His overabundance of love and grace. In this verse it talks about our need to have strength so after fulfilling the will He has for us we may receive the promises He has given to us. To have that “endurance” I must lay my life down and set aside my own desires and wants so that He may bring to pass His perfect will for me. So quickly I find myself trying to fight these battles, stand on my own two feet, but end up drowning in this world. One of the ways Satan tries to take me down is by my pride and my thinking I can do it on my own. In order to “receive the promise” Christ has for me I must remember its not by my own strength but the strength and “endurance” given to me by my Father in heaven.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog