Song of Solomon 4:7
“You are all fair, my love, and there is no spot in you.”
Being justified by the righteousness of Christ. Having been washed by His blood and sanctified by His Spirit. I am spotless. I have been found and rooted in Christ Jesus. It’s not that I am sinless or never commit sin now, but it’s that Christ is making beauty from those spots in my life, making them full of beauty. I think about my place in this world and how big it really is compared to me, but just how big my God is compared to this world. I have found myself just in awe looking at the way He has placed people here all the way to the plants in the different parts of this world, so that they would be able to live and grow the way that He designed them too. I’ve loved the desert and the agaves plants and the soaring shadows of mountains since as far back as my memory can go. I have looked at a cactus- something that can grow in the driest of conditions- and I have learned from it. I’ve seen the way Jesus made way for it to blossom a flower upon it, crowning it in beauty; something that no one wants to touch. As I walked around this week, in a place I made my home for the past 6 months, I’ve felt the humming of the sun against my skin, I couldn’t stop pointing at everything around me. It never exhausts me, the way He created Uganda. I’ve felt the hope of the lake crashing against the side of the boat as me and my team cross back home. I’ve believed it when Jesus whispered that I too, like the cactus, could be crowned as something worth loving by the hand of His mercy and grace, despite nobody wanting to get close to me. This is the setting where He bore the very deepest parts of me; the good and the bad, the pretty and the ugly, the death and the life. the sun never leaves here no matter how many days in a row you look ahead. And that’s just the thing. His love shines bright here in Uganda and every day I had an opportunity to see a glimpse of it. All the people here I can look at and see them as beauty, spotless in the sight of Christ just like I am. It’s a beautiful thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog