Ruth 1:21  
“I went out full, and the Lord has brought me home again empty.”
I am reminded today of Naomi in the book of Ruth, and her life. This woman had everything she needed. A God who loved her and blessed her abundantly, a husband, two sons, and even two daughters-in-law. Naomi lost everything by leaving Bethlehem, but God didn’t stop using her there. Even though at first Naomi blamed the grieving of losing her husband and two sons on the Lord, “the almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me.” I found myself relating more to this statement than any other in the chapter. Just like Naomi I find myself blaming God for the things that went wrong, but it was not God who had dealt bitterly with her; but she was reaping the fruit of the sin of disobedience. Naomi was but gleaning in the fields of a far country, away from the presence of God. God was not responsible for her misfortune, but He was responsible for voice that brought her back home. It was the grace of God that was responsible for the blessing that was to come to her now that she had listened to the voice and returned- “so Naomi returned…”(Ruth 1:19). Just like Naomi, I can find myself blinded by circumstances, feeling chained to people or things which are bringing me away to the fields in which God has not designed for me, that fallen nature and people have formed. Just like Naomi, having lost many loved ones and feeling as though God has given up on me or lost track of me in the mist of all His children, that is just the devil talking and taking ahold of her life at that time and my own in the times I feel as though those thoughts are true. Jesus never stops. He is always talking to us, its just a matter of us wanting to hear Him or not. “He will never leave us nor forsake us.” I can say that, many of the times I have been brought to my knees with tears running down my face have been after I have wandered off to far, or I have given up holding on to the chains of this world and all the baggage that comes with it. I fight it as long as possible, but I can just see and feel the love that over comes me when I give it all to Christ. He never asked us to carry or hold on to the things of this world but to give it all to Him and do it every day. He knows our weaknesses, our strengths even our biggest fears. He wants to deliver you and me, but our hearts and stubbornness gets in the way of all His grace and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog